Friday, December 31, 2004

New Year’s Resolution

At this time of the year I usually pledge to curse less, drink less, watch what I eat, workout more, etc. This year is a little different. With so many thousands of people missing or dead in Asia and the South Pacific, I have resolved to always appreciate my family and friends and show them my love and gratefulness for their support. Lonely Planet has set up a Thorntree board for parties looking for missing persons. Here are a few of the entries: I need help translating Praviet "Kay" Boonwassana into Thai I am searching for my friend. His name is Praviet ("Kay") Boonwassana and he last lived on Phi Phi Island. He used to spend a lot of time near the pier and I am getting more and more worried every day. I need help translating his name into Thai alphabet. The list of Thai victims and injured people are all in Thai. Does anyone know of any lists of Thai names that are printed in English? He is approx. 30 years old, 5'7" tall, dark skin, black hair, brown eyes. If anyone has any info on his whereabouts I would greatly appreciate it. my email is kbrady852@hotmail.com Trevor Joseph from South Africa - Missing? Trevor Joseph travelling from Phuket to Singapore by boat around the time of Tsuname Disaster - No way of knowing are you safe? Neil MADSEN Neil where are you? Please ring Susie, Neil junior and Rosie. Mobile only-0408 081 719 (Australia) or write to 21 Vidler st, Cloverdale, PERTH in Western Australia, postcode 6105. We love you. Neil is a 56yr old man who looks a lot younger. He has short hair (or Shaved) and olive skin. He probably has a New Zealand passport although he has lived mostly in Australia. He is teaching English as a 2nd language in Bangkok, Thailand. Please help! From ex-wife Susie Madsen and kids Neil jnr and Rosie. I'm desperately searching for my father Jacques Koufi, who lives in Nong Kai, Thailand.I have received no more news since the tsunami struck. Today I'm still without news and I hopethat somebody who knows him or who has perhaps seen him could help me with my search.My email address: thkou@hotmail.com (24h/24h)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, did you know you spelled greatfullness as gratefullnss. I didn't realy read the blog... to lazy, yall know me. Well, see you when I see you


-Adam